It’s time for another Top 10 List, y’all. I think if I had to choose only one category of food to eat for the rest of my life, I would choose cereal. Or Mexican food. Tacos. Or Italian. Wait, cereal. But the problem with cereal is that, while there are lots of “healthy” cereals out there, I’d rather not eat those. Blech. I don’t want to eat cereal that tastes like hay. Luckily for my already-out-of-shape-had-two-babies stomach, I’m not being forced to make this decision. Even though I don’t eat cereal that often anymore, I do really love cereal and here are my favorites, in order.
1. Oh, boy, do I love Oh’s. They’ll rip up the roof of your mouth but “oh” are they ever sweet and delicious. I actually don’t buy these very often because the box is really small and they’re pretty expensive and they don’t go on sale. But when I do buy them, I hide them from the children. Is that bad?
2. Frosted Flakes with really cold milk, you can’t beat it! Sometimes I’ll even put ice in my cereal. Is that weird? I don’t like warm milk, it must be ice cold. So why not put ice in the bowl with the milk?
3. Cap’n Crunch, WITH Crunchberries. So delicious, even though they are fake and they’ll also rip the roof of your mouth up.
4. Golden Grahams. Again, these must be paired with ice-cold milk.
5. Honey Nut Cheerios are moderately healthy; right? I like to lie to myself sometimes.
6. Honeycomb. I think what I like about these is that they’re not overly sweet.
7. Frosted Mini Wheats are a great snack too. But they have to be frosted. The plain “wheats” taste like fireplace logs.
8. Froot Loops are just classic. You can’t beat them.
9. Oatmeal Squares I like to think are partially healthy. Just leave me and my delusions alone.
10. Life is OK, but Cinnamon Life about 472 times better. This is a type of cereal you have to eat small bowls at a time though so they don’t get too soggy.
What are your favorites? Please don’t say it’s like some all-natural horrible tastes-like-hay cereal.